A good friend wanted to know what I do before market open. I told him that I usually plan my trades before market open. He asked how do I plan and can give him some specific example.
Example : This period is earning season and I will plan for earning play. I would list down all the after-market and before-market earning and list down all the counters. I prefer to do post-earning trades or when the earning result is announced. The stock will have a general direction where it is heading, I would put in my option trades and within 5 days I will be out of the trades.
- List down those stocks earning After Market closing and Before Market opening result
- Observe the earning result to get a sense of general direction
- When market open, note the price direction (spot trend or candle signals)
- Enter when there is confirmation
- Chose weekly option or DTE within a week (at most two weeks)
- Probability of win is high (follow trend strategy)
- Premium may be low but time decay is fast
- Effective use of margin as every week the margin is replenish
I caution my friend that following other people option method may or may not suit his character or nature. The best is that one should develop his own and practice it into perfect with fullness of time in the market.